Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Rules and Rewrites

Found this rule while browsing:

ABDCE—Action, Background, Development, Climax, Ending.

This rule is supposed to apply to the Short Story, if you are into writing them, but they also apply to any story - even novels.

If I posted a comment on your blog and came across as arrogant or all 'braggedy'.... sorry. This is the reason why I revise and edit my own work so much. I write things down, and then ten minutes later I realize that it could be taken totally weird and wrong.

Speaking of rewrites - I just deleted 30,000 words (I have them backed up, but I don't want to use them in this story which changed completely after I looked over my story notes and drafted a revised synopsis.

Personal News: Doglet ran away from home. Got 3 miles away even and I haven't the faintest idea what he'd been doing that entire time. He's been sleeping all evening. Didn't even miss his walk. Good neighbors snagged him and bringing him back home to me when I frantically drove past. Did quick reverse and thanked them profusely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Label Cloud

hit counter