Monday, October 12, 2009

I Hadda Dream...

...And it was one of those embarrassing dreams that exposed the deepest darkest desires of my inner self, made me ridiculously happy from mid-dream onward, and left me pathetically unhappy when I woke up and realized it was just a dream.

In other words, I dreamt I got a contract for my Swapped Fate book. From an agent whom I've never queried (because I know she's looking for other stuff right now). I was so happy that she came all the way from New York in person to offer me a contract, that I hugged her (I who never hugs strangers if I can help it), and then invited her to go swimming with me and my family. And we all went swimming together at the nearby lake.

I began to suspect it was a dream when we got to the lake and it was like... summery warm... out there. I knew it was 28 degrees F (always spells it wrong, never tries anymore) outside before I went to bed.

When the agent left without actually telling me the vagueries of the contract, or even talking about what comes next (something, I haven't quite gotten around to mulling over in real life), I KNEW it was a dream.

Well, and I woke up at that point too.

So depressing.

That means I'm back to sorting out all my current editing projects and trying to ignore dear beloved Swapped Fate sitting sadly on the shelf waiting for her (because my projects are all female) time to get back in the limelight.

I wrote a little bit in my UF project (both versions). At some point, I'm going to have to figure out which I'm going to run with. The adult (Geisha) version or the teen (Wesley) version. And yes, in the long run, I'm hoping I can do something with both. Future readers will never notice they are basically reading the same story twice, right?

CHECK THIS BLOG -

Tabitha wrote an excellent post on queries, breaking them down to the basics and (more importantly) making them less scary.

Right here: Tabwriter.blogspot.com on writing extraordinary queries

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Label Cloud

hit counter