Thursday, August 13, 2009

Two more on the burner...

This is a belated Wednesday piece. I did newsletter for work yesterday and that kinda took up my time and brainworkings Tuesday and Wednesday. Newsletter came out right. :)

Swapped Fate : I finished the full book edit. Waiting mode now.

NSAM Please: This is the latest editing project. It's interesting how much my perspective has changed in the two years since I last picked this book up to read or edit. I still love the ideas, but some of the scenes are really shoddy work. For example, I had no idea what I was talking about on this part where the MC is approaching a mountain. Plus, I fleshed out characters a bit more so they are less cartoony. At least, that's what I'm working on. I edited three chapters. I'm on CH4 now.

Trickle : Yes. Dear God, I've gone and pulled Trickle out from the dark and bewebbed cranny where I'd stuffed it earlier. A friend was taking stock of all of the projects she has on hand, and it inspired me to do the same. Trickle is... oh dear, it is HORRIBLE writing. It needs to be updated and filled in more, but I still love the plot. The scenes are all there. I can just use them as notes.

Why am I doing this? I got stuck on Marbles which is the one I should be finishing right now. It has nothing to do with my desire to write or interest in the book. And the writing is fine. It's just that I can't deal with the subject matter right now because of stuff going on in my personal life. It's scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Label Cloud

hit counter